Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another Time, another town, another everything

Well, I have officially survived my first sermon at my internship site. Go me! :-) I have had positive feedback, as well as some great advice to help me improve my sermon for the next time I preach... aka, two weeks from Sunday. I did, however, break the cardinal rule of preachers, and somehow found myself preaching a stewardship sermon for my first sermon here (I didn't begin the sermon intending to preach stewardship... it just kind of grew into that on its own). Luckily the congregatins seems to have understood that I was not so much pointing towards giving, as much as trusting that what we little we do have and are able to do, is more than enough when offered to Christ.



Anyway, it was a wonderful day. A good friend came to the second service, and I had a chance to catch up with him a little bit before he leaves to begin his internship, and then two of my other bestests came over for me to cook them dinner and spend some time catching up with them. Yesterday, I hit the gym with yet another friend from here, and it was outstanding. I have missed the opportunity to head to the gym, since being away from seminary, and had almost forgotten how much I love the feel of being on a bike or going for a long run, or pushing my muscles to the brink. The endorphins were racing by the time I was done, and I feel amazing. I'm not even nearly as sore as I kind of expected to be! I can't wait to get back... hopefully tonight, and if not, tomorrow early morning for sure!



I also need some advice for how to help a friend in need. It's a difficult situation because I want to be able to be a friend for him, but the situation that he is in, (and the fact that he wants a relationship with me) makes me wonder if my friendship and support may hurt him more than help him... Your prayers for guidance and God's mercy on him and myself would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment